The Cannon Falls Rotary Club has been involved in the Rotary Youth Exchange programs almost since its inception fifty years ago. This year, we are hosting one in-bound student.
Recruitment for the Rotary Youth Exchange
Each fall, the Cannon Falls Rotary Club accepts applications for the Rotary Youth Exchange Program. Our Club contact for the program is our Youth Exchange Coordinator, Carol Sinykin.
Key dates include:
- Early September: The Rotary Club publishes a Press Release in the Cannon Falls Beacon to promote the Youth Exchange Program and provide information on how to apply.
- Late September: Members from the Cannon Falls Rotary Club and exchange students meet with local students at the Cannon Falls High School to provide information about the exchange program.
- September 30: Short application forms, avaiable in the school Guidance Office, are due.
- October 1: The Rotary Club sends out Youth Exchange Long Applications to everyone who completed the short form by September 30.
- October 15: Long Applications must be submitted to the High School Office.
The Club Interview Process
Club Youth Exchange interviews will take place at the Cannon Falls High School in late October. Parents must accompany the student to the interview.
The Interviewing Committee will determine successful candidates. Candidates will be notified within a week and successful applications are then forwarded to the District Youth Exchange Committee.
The District Interview Process
- Mid November: Approved applications submitted to the District.
- Early December: District interviews are held at Roseville Middle School.
- Late December: Students are advised of their country assignments